I set only a few resolutions for 2014, because I knew the year would come with a few pretty big changes. 2014 was the first year that I will fill out my taxes with only one workplace (oh my, it feels good to just work one job!) and moved in with my boyfriend. I felt myself making big changes, like wearing less makeup, getting certifications and worrying way less about money, without even pushing myself.
That being said, I only completed 2/3 of my 2014 resolutions, and one of them was just in time! The resolution I didn’t complete? Recovering my couch. The one I’ve been contemplating since 2012!
2015 is all about pushing myself harder and trying new things. I feel lucky to have the life I have, and I want to keep learning and keep growing. I firmly believe in always trying to be a better person. I hope I can fulfill them all!
1. Do something I’ve never done before, at least once a month. (And document it on here!) Life can be monotonous. My introverted side can take over and assure me that, yes, I would like to spend the entire weekend at home. But my heart knows that I crave more than that, I like doing new things and having adventures!
2. Plan a big trip. Another fun way to break up the year is to GO somewhere! While I’m not 100% positive on the plans yet, I know a trip will happen at some point this year and I’m happy about it.
3. Take my cats to the vet for their shots. To be fair, I’m planning to do this in January and as soon as possible. It’s something that I’ve been putting off since, well, 2012. Now that an animal hospital has opened up less than a block away from my house, I have no excuse! Those little dragons mean so much to me and I don’t want them to get sick!
4. Remind people that I love how much they mean to me. I’m lucky to have some really wonderful people in my life, and I need to tell them how great they really are!
5. Cook and bake more. It’s time to put down the food memoirs and roll up my selves to try a bit on my own!