Call me crazy, but I like to stick to my New Years Resolutions. It might take me a while, but I end up fulfilling almost everything on my list, and sometimes more!
The difference is, I tend to create “easy” resolutions. Goals that are fun or patient. You won’t catch me pressuring myself to lose 15 pounds or make $100,000! I mentioned in a previous post my dating resolution to go on three first dates this year, but in the past I’ve also made goals to buy a bike, adopt a pet and get straight A’s. I make these goals because I want to better myself and become the best version of myself that I can be! This year my new years resolutions are:
1. Go on a vacation. A real vacation. With a plane and a suitcase and maybe even a bathing suit. I haven’t been on a real vacation since 2007 and while it was an amazing experience, the memories of that time are tinged with a lot of sadness and regret. Even though it’s highly likely that I’ll be traveling alone and broke, I’d like to take a short trip this year and really, truly relax.
2. Learn how to knit or crochet. I’ve been meaning to learn for years, but never quite got around to it. This year I will definitely learn AND I will knit myself a cable knit blanket!
3. Make a couple new, good friends. I’m not too good at making friends. I’m actually a really great friend to have (ask my best friend, she’s stuck around for 12+ years!), but I have a hard time opening up to new people and putting myself out there. This year I’d like to meet at least one or two really nice people who I might have a few things in common with. Just someone to go out to lunch with, or catch a movie. Nothing could make me more happy.
4. Go to at least a few concerts and shows this year. I’m living in the city most famous for it’s music and musicians! Silly insecurities shouldn’t stop me from seeing my favorite bands live.
5. Stay positive and have patience. I already know that 2013 will come with a whole other set of changes… but I want to place roots here and make this my home. It’ll take time and there will be growing pains, but it’s up to me to take everything in stride and look at it in the most positive light!